One Man’s BluePrint Cleanse Review Part 2 of 8: Prep Day 1 of 3
Today is the first preparation day. That means that I am getting myself prepared to go through a three-day juice cleanse with the BluePrintCleanse Renovation Cleanse, which is BPC’s “entry-level” cleanse (for rookies like me). Here’s the schedule:
Day 0: Not really a day, but an Introductory post
Day 1: Preparation Day 1 (Today, Saturday, March 23, 2013)
Day 2: Preparation Day 2
Day 3: Preparation Day 3
Day 4: Cleanse Day 1
Day 5: Cleanse Day 2
Day 6: Cleanse Day 3
Day 7: Post Cleanse
Of course, I am publishing this post after the day listed so that I can report on my experiences. I’ll try to break it down clearly for you, with some metrics and further insight (if there is any).
Remember, today is just a prep day, so I haven’t started the juice-only diet yet. That starts on Tuesday (and you can read about it on Wednesday).
- Body weight:
- after waking up at 7:50 a.m.: 166.4 lbs
- right before bed at 10:15 p.m.: 168.2 lbs
- Breakfast – 8:52 a.m. – Herbal tea, Newman’s Own Vanilla Almond Cereal with skim milk
- Lunch – 2:00 p.m. – Mixed green salad with broccoli, cucumbers, carrots, and tomatoes.
- Snack – 4:30 p.m. – Banana and coffee (probably my last coffee for a while)
- Dinner – 8:30 p.m. – Thai shrimp fried rice and spring rolls (my last animal-based food for a while)
- General mood
- Waking up: Tired, but pretty good.
- General mood during the day: pretty good. Productive, had a good work out, but then was tired later in the afternoon (hence the coffee). Had a mild headache (maybe due to the lack of caffeine).
- General mood before bed: good, but thinking about having a coffee in the morning (did I mention that I love coffee?)
- Activity: Jiu jitsu class 12:00 p.m – 1:00 p.m.
Generally speaking, it was a good day. I’m not worried (yet). Tomorrow, I’ll phase out all animal products and caffeine, and stick to fruits and vegetables. And I have to work on my taxes, so, if I report a bad mood, then it might have something to do with that.
If you have any questions about this experiment, or the BPC, or would like me to mention any other aspects of my experience here, please leave a comment, or you can email me. See the About page in the menu for email info.