One Man’s BluePrint Cleanse Review Part 3 of 8: Prep Day 2 of 3
Today is the second preparation day. That means that I am getting myself prepared to go through a three-day juice cleanse with the BluePrintCleanse Renovation Cleanse, which is BPC’s “entry-level” cleanse (for rookies like me). The actual cleanse starts on Tuesday (and you can read about it on Wednesday).
Here’s the schedule:
Day 0: Not really a day, but an Introductory post
Day 1: Preparation Day 1 (Saturday, March 23, 2013)
Day 2: Preparation Day 2 (Today, Sunday, March 24, 2013)
Day 3: Preparation Day 3
Day 4: Cleanse Day 1
Day 5: Cleanse Day 2
Day 6: Cleanse Day 3
Day 7: Post Cleanse
I am actually able to publish this post on Sunday night. I’m in bed, just about to go to sleep (I go to sleep early because I wake up at 5 a.m. – more about that another time), but I’ll get this out first. I’ll try to break it down clearly for you, with some metrics and further insight (if there is any).
Remember, today is just a prep day, so I haven’t started the juice-only diet yet. That starts on Tuesday (and you can read about it on Wednesday).
- Body weight:
- after waking up at 8:00 a.m.: 166.2 lbs
- right before bed at 9:00 p.m.: 167.2 lbs (not sure how I gained a pound with so little food today)
- Breakfast – 8:26 a.m. – Herbal tea with a few “dunks” of a caffeinated green tea bag, one apple, sliced, eaten slowly (I want to spread my hunger over time). My normal Sunday morning breakfast is an egg white-turkey bacon-cheese sandwich on an everything bagel with coffee. But I’ll stop thinking about that now. If you want to torture me, or give me motivation, you can send me a Starbucks eGift card so I can have a nice Americano on Friday!
- Snack – 11:20 a.m. – Banana
- Lunch – 2:15 p.m. – Mixed green salad with cucumbers, broccoli, avocado, celery and fat-free lemon herb dressing.
- Dinner – 8:00 p.m. – brown rice, peas, carrots, corn.
- General mood
- Waking up: Good. I slept well.
- General mood during the day: I was a bit irritated because I was preparing my taxes and it too a long time. I was pretty hungry throughout the day, and I probably could have eaten more, but for some reason wanted to keep the food to a minimum. I probably want to make sure I don’t feel hungry tomorrow.
- General mood before bed: Feeling good. Ready for a good night’s sleep.
- Activity: I was a desk jockey all day. I did a little house work but I don’t consider that activity.
Tomorrow is the last preparation day. I kind of just want to start the cleanse (and get it over with). I’ve read that others have described the preparation as the worst part of the whole process and maybe that’s why I’m anxious to begin. I can’t imagine tomorrow will be fun, as I will be working in the office and I generally don’t think well when I’m hungry and haven’t had coffee. Nevertheless, I am optimistic.
If you have any questions about this experiment, or the BPC, or would like me to mention any other aspects of my experience here, please leave a comment, or you can email me. See the About page in the menu for email info.
Thanks for reading. While you’re here, feel free to click around the site. There’s some pretty cool stuff in the posts (hence the name of the blog).