One Man’s BluePrint Cleanse Review Part 4 of 8: Prep Day 3 of 3
Today is day 3 of a 7 day experiment with the BluePrint Cleanse. For information about what the heck I am doing here, read the post 1 of 8 – the Introduction post. Skip down to the metrics if you’ve read the other posts…
Today is the third preparation day. That means that I am getting myself prepared to go through a three-day juice cleanse with the BluePrintCleanse Renovation Cleanse, which is BPC’s “entry-level” cleanse (for rookies like me). The actual cleanse starts on Tuesday (and you can read about it on Wednesday).
Here’s the schedule:
Day 0: Not really a day, but an Introductory post
Day 1: Preparation Day 1 (Saturday, March 23, 2013)
Day 2: Preparation Day 2 (Sunday, March 24, 2013)
Day 3: Preparation Day 3 (Today, Monday, March 25, 2013)
Day 4: Cleanse Day 1
Day 5: Cleanse Day 2
Day 6: Cleanse Day 3
Day 7: Post Cleanse
Remember, today is just a prep day (the last), so I haven’t started the juice-only diet yet. That starts on Tuesday (tomorrow!).
- Body weight:
- after waking up at 5:00 a.m.: 165.2 lbs (pretty crazy that I lost two pounds overnight, but I’m told it’s normal)
- right before bed at 10:00 p.m.: 164.6 lbs
- Breakfast – 5:30 a.m. – Mixed fruit: strawberries, blueberries, blackberries.
- Snack – 10:35 a.m. – Banana
- Lunch – 12:35 p.m. – Strawberries and pineapple.
- Snack – 8:00 p.m. – bottle of Bolthouse Green Juice
- Dinner – 9:15 p.m. – Banana and vegetable broth (not together – yuck).
- General mood
- Waking up: Horrible. I woke up with a massive headache. It was like a 2×4 through my temples. It also made me feel pretty nauseous. So, I took an Excedrin (which contains caffeine). I’m not sure what caused the headache. It could have been the lack of caffeine, it could have been the reduced food intake. Who knows. The headache went away by the time I left for work and that was that.
- General mood during the day: Good. I wasn’t really hungry and didn’t miss the coffee too much (except when I smelled it – the office just got a new espresso machine).
- General mood before bed: Good. Looking forward to juicing tomorrow.
- Activity: I was a desk jockey all day, again. Planned to go to jiu jitsu class, but got tied up at work until 8:45.
Looking forward to starting the juice tomorrow. I received the box tonight (they deliver it to you in a big box with ice packs to keep it cold).
If you have any questions about this experiment, or the BPC, or would like me to mention any other aspects of my experience here, please leave a comment, or you can email me. See the About page in the menu for email info.
Thanks for reading. While you’re here, feel free to click around the site. There’s some pretty cool stuff in the posts (hence the name of the blog).