One Man’s BluePrint Cleanse Review Part 7 of 8: Cleanse Day 3 of 3
Day three (the final day!) of the BluePrint Cleanse. Today was fine. I wasn’t at all hungry. I felt fine all day. I am bored with the juices, but that’s all over now. I realized that one thing I like about the cleanse is the simplicity. I don’t have to worry about what I’m eating. It’s like painting by numbers. Just follow the sequence. In fact, “We Think. You Drink” is BluePrint’s motto. I love that. By the way, I learned that BluePrint has a sale going on now. 15% off using code SPRINGCLEAN when you order by Friday, March 29th! That’s the day this post was published (even though the post below recounts my experience on March 28).
If you’re wondering what the heck I’m talking about, then you should read the previous posts about the juice cleanse. If you want to read individual posts, here’s the schedule:
Day 0: Not really a day, but an Introductory post
Day 1: Preparation Day 1 (Saturday, March 23, 2013)
Day 2: Preparation Day 2 (Sunday, March 24, 2013)
Day 3: Preparation Day 3 (Monday, March 25, 2013)
Day 4: Cleanse Day 1 (Tuesday, March 26, 2013)
Day 5: Cleanse Day 2 (Wednesday, March 27, 2013)
Day 6: Cleanse Day 3 (Today, Thursday, March 28, 2013)
Day 7: Post Cleanse
- Body weight:
- upon waking up at 7:20 a.m.: 159.0 lbs
- right before bed at 11:25 p.m.: 158.8 lbs (from my heaviest, on 3/23 at 168.2 to my lightest so far, today at 158.8, I lost 9.4 pounds, not that weight loss was a goal in all of this. If history repeats, I will be lighter in the morning)
- Meals – if you’ve been playing along at home, then you know that the meals are bottles of juice. Only 940 calories worth per day. Here’s the break-down juice-by-juice (without repeating all of what I wrote about the juices in previous posts:
- Bottle 1 – Consumed between 8:40 – 10:00 a.m. “Green Juice” contains romaine, celery, cucumber, apple, spinach, kale, parsley, and lemon. 130 calories. 0 grams of fat, 31 grams of carbs, 3 grams of dietary fiber, 28 grams of sugars, 2 grams of protein.
- Bottle 2 – Consumed between 12:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. “P.A.M.” contains pineapple, apple, mint and filtered water. 210 calories. 0 grams of fat, 52 grams of carbs, 0 grams of dietary fiber, 52 grams of sugars, 1 gram of protein.
- Bottle 3- Consumed between 2:00 p.m. – 3:25 p.m. Same as Bottle #1.
- Bottle 4 – Consumed between 4:00 p.m. – 5:15 p.m. “Spicy Lemonade” contains filtered water, lemon, agave nectar, and cayenne extract. 110 calories. 0 grams of fat, 26 grams of carbs, 0 grams of dietary fiber, 21 grams of sugar, 0 grams of protein.
- Bottle 5 – Consumed between 6:25 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. “C.A.B.” contains apple, carrot, beet, filtered water, lemon and ginger. 190 calories. 0 grams of fat, 44 grams of carbs, 0 grams of dietary fiber, 37 grams of sugars, 2 grams of protein.
- Bottle 6 – Consumed between 9:15 p.m. and 10:30 p.m. “Cashew Milk” contains filtered water, cashews, agave nectar, cinnamon, vanilla specks. 170 calories. 19 grams of fat, 3 grams saturated fat, 26 grams of carbs, 5 grams of dietary fiber, 21 grams of sugars, 7 grams of protein.
- General mood and feelings
- Today was a good day overall. I wasn’t that hungry, cranky, or irritable. I had good energy. I worked late and went to jiu jitsu class and did fine and had enough energy to get me through it. I have been mentally celebrating the last day of the cleanse, however. Not because it is difficult or I’m starving, but rather, I’m a bit bored and am looking to get back into a normal human routine (we have teeth for a reason).
Tomorrow, I’ll do a post cleanse blog entry and try to summarize things.